There was palpable tension and anxiety that gripped Abeokuta, the Ogun State cash, as fire erupted in the residence of former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Wednesday evening.
The household which is popularly regarded has the “Home of the President” although Obasanjo was even now the Commander in Chief is found at Ita-Eko place of Abeokuta, Hyperpeeps gathered.
The developing was described to have been gutted by fire about 9:30pm thought to have been activated by a electricity surge.
People of the spot and sympathizers who trooped out to the scene joined Obasanjo’s domestic workers in the home in frantic struggle to put out the fire.
Examine ALSO: Boko Haram strikes yet again immediately President Buhari left Borno
It took nearly an hour to quench the inferno which distribute from a person finish to a different simply because of the harmattan.
The point out Director of Fireplace Services, Fatai Adefala, confirmed the
incident but disclosed that the fireplace affected a retailer and not the most important
developing in the former president’s compound.
He mentioned officials of the agency quickly responded to distress calls more than the fire about 10:00pm and succeeded in placing it out.