Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi has been named among the top seven most valuable African players ahead of the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
A study by the CIES Football Observatory shows that the Leicester City star is rated number six in Africa and 79th position in the world with a €62.7 million price tag.
According to CIES, Liverpool ace, Mohamed Salah is the most valuable African player in the top five European Leagues and ranked fifth overall, followed by Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who is valued at €95.6 million and Senegal star Sadio Mane (€91.6m).
However, Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane (€201.2 million) is the most expensive player in the world, ahead of two Paris St-Germain players, Neymar (€197.5 m) and Kylian Mbappé (€186.5 m).
CIEST top 7 Most Valuable African Players:
1) Mohamed Salah – Liverpool – €171.3 million
2) Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – Arsenal – €95.6 million
3) Sadio Mane – Liverpool – €91.6 million
4) Naby Keita – Liverpool – €68.7 million
5) Kalidou Koulibaly – Napoli – €67 million
6) Wilfred Ndidi – Leicester City – €62.7 million
7) Franck Kessié – AC Milan – €62.1 million